VSPAC | COVID-19 POLICIES
By entering VSPAC’s building, you are confirming that you and your child/children have not been in contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 symptoms without completing a 14-day quarantine.
1. By taking in studio/in person classes at the Vicky Simegiatos Performing Arts Center (VSPAC), you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
2. By entering VSPAC’s building, you are confirming that you and your child/children are not experiencing any of the following symptoms of COVID-19 identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at CDC.gov, including: Fever or chills; Cough; Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing; Fatigue; Muscle or body aches; Headache; New loss of taste or smell; Sore throat; Congestion or runny nose; Nausea or vomiting; Diarrhea.
3. By entering VSPAC’s building, you are confirming that you and your child/children have not been in contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 symptoms without completing a 14-day quarantine.
4. By entering VSPAC’s building, you are confirming that you and your child/children have not traveled to any COVID-19 hotspots without completing a 14-day quarantine upon returning from travel or testing negative on a PCR test.
5. By entering VSPAC’s building, you are confirming that you and your child are not under any self-quarantine orders.
6. Students and parents who cannot confirm all of the above criteria must not enter VSPAC’s building.
7. VSPAC's waiting room will be closed until further notice. Parents will not be allowed to wait in the building, so students must be dropped off and picked up promptly. The only exception will be during our Mommy & Me, Preschool and Mini classes, in which ONE parent/ guardian will be able to wait inside our facility. If you need to make a payment or speak to our staff members, you can visit out office or call our facility or email: VSPACdance@aol.com to make an appointment. If you would like to purchase supplies including Barre Wrap, shoes, leotard, tights, etc., you can visit our office or use our online Google Doc Supply order form: https://forms.gle/ryBoQc2rteerZyLW6. We are unable to allow for students to try any merchandise on at this time, but our staff will help identify the correct sizing.
8. Children have to be picked up on time since they will be exiting the building immediately after their class is finished. Students will not be allowed to wait in the VSPAC waiting room/lobby if a parent/caregiver is late for pick up. We encourage parents to wait in their cars or somewhere close by until their child’s class is finished if their child is under the age of 8.
9. Parents/caregivers agree that they will social distance themselves while they are outside of the VSPAC building while waiting to pick up their children after class.
10. Temperatures will be taken prior to entering the building. If your temperature is higher than 99, your child will be unable to take class and unable to enter the building.
11. Face coverings are required to enter the building. We will access in September whether face masks will be required as well as in the dance studios. Al students aged 5 & under are not required to wear a face mask. All teachers and Staff are required to wear face masks.
12. All students taking Ballet and/or Pointe classes will be required to purchase and use our signature “Barre Wrap” for all ballet classes. The Barre Wrap easily attaches and removes from the barres and are easy to clean and store.
13. Students will proceed up the stairs and remove their shoes before entering our facility and place their shoes in a clear bag. (Reusable plastic bags will be available for free during the first month of classes.) Please have your child dressed for class prior to arrival and clothing/jackets that can fit in their bag. Our dressing rooms will be closed until further notice.
14. Please read the following VSPAC ACRO Safety Protocol: Students’ safety is paramount, and the Acro teacher should not be restricted from spotting any Acro student if necessary, to protect the student from injury. While spotting remains an important element to student safety, we will consider alternative teaching methods that align with social distancing protocols during COVID-19. I am aware that the Acro teacher will put her hands on my child in order to help her/him with an acrobatic move, so they are protected from getting injured. (Social distancing during spotting of stunts will be carefully followed as best as can be but not guaranteed.) As with any activity, injuries can still occur at any point regardless if the teacher is spotting the child or not. By signing this document, I give full consent to the Acro teacher to spot my child as per the new Acro Protocol and I assume all risks involved by my child taking Acro classes.
15. If a VSPAC student, teacher or staff member tests positive or exhibits symptoms of COVID-19:
a. We will Isolate the staff member, teacher or student immediately
b. Begin contact tracing to determine who the person may have exposed
c. Contact local and state health departments to alert them of what’s happening
d. Disinfect our facility property
16. By taking in studio/in person classes at VSPAC, you acknowledge that you understand and will abide by the above health-and-safety requirements.